Today's Microblog is all about being kind, to yourself and to others.
Sometimes we forget and we judge people for their actions and take it personally, like when they do not reply to our messages/phone calls or cancelling on a catchup, etc. You don't know what's going on and we shouldn't be quick to judge and make it about ourselves. Be kind to others, you don't know what they are going through, what their journey is, their struggles, their demons.
Not everything is about you.
Always be kind to yourself because you are human, you have limits and you can't control everything around you. You have the power to love, protect, care, empower, uplift yourself but you have to accept that you are not always in control.
When things don't go your way, accept that not everything is in your control and let go.
Five things I live by at present moment:
- Not everything is about you.
- If you miss someone, message them, call them. Don't wait and complain that you haven't heard from them when you are most capable of opening the communication line.
- If someone changes your plans, open your mind and see point number 1.
- You don't have to agree on every single thing but you don't have to be a dick about it if you disagree on something
- "People may not remember exactly what you did, or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou