I decided to start a new segment called Microblog Wednesdays where I talk rave or rant over something in short but sweet post. Short Ramblings if you may.
To kick off this new segment, let me rave about my new favourite foundation (and possibly HG) - Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation
This foundation is love love love, LOTS love. Here's why:
- Longlasting - check!
- Demi-matte finish and no need to set with a powder (at least on my skin).
- No touch-ups required the whole day. Nada.
- Perfectly matches my neck and body. I got the shade 3.2 and I really mean perfectly. No ashy-looking face for me! Finally.
- It is definitely beautiful on any light! Medium to Full coverage. Perfect for wedding makeup me thinks.
- No scent, No SPF, No shimmer
- I prefer applying this with my fingers or beauty blender/sponge.
- Works better with a primer but you don't really need to. This stays put.
- This beats my Marc Jacobs Genius gel foundation and I've gone through bottles of those.
- This also beats my drugstore favourite Covergirl Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation and I've gone bottles of those too.
I could not recommend this enough. Between you and me, I hate the whole light face and tan skin look. While I can't change how tan I am, I can fix it with my face foundation to be matchy-matchy.
I suggest getting a sample of at least 2 shades to try before committing to a full bottle and then thank me later. Wink!
Hope you're having a good day!