NEW PLAYERS IN MY SKIN/HAIR/BODY CARE
08 April 2015
I am going to start with the OK ones.
NAK Aromas Spray with Argan Oil - this was part of my Bella Box some time ago.
What you need to know:
1) While it says it's a spray oil, it's not greasy at all
2) It smells like Britney Spears' Fantasy perfume which irks me but at the same time it sends me to nostalgia of my early 20s when this was considered as the best perfume in my collection #cringe
3) It's an OK leave in treatment. (aka it's not horrible)
4) It's not that heavy on the hair and it's hydrating for my dry ends. I don't spray it close to the roots because my hair lately has been oily. Day 2 hair looks like Day 5!! #cringe
5) The scent doesn't stay on the hair so it's not really a hair perfume. It just smells nice on application. It's a good thing for me because I know it's not going to mess with my perfume.
Jergens Crema Deep-Conditioning Shea Butter
I had the biggest (hormonal) meltdown over my legs and feet a few weeks back. I notice how dry my skin has become since giving birth especially my legs. There was crying involved for sure and a mad dash to Priceline. I picked up this body cream hoping (praying) that it will hydrate my skin. It's doing an OK job but it's not something I would call HG. It's rich enough for my liking but it's not knocking me off my socks yet. I wish the scent lasts longer on the skin though because it's yummy.
Model Co Instant Miracle Booster Serum
I've run out of my Nuxe Creme Fraiche Serum 3 weeks ago so I had to bust this serum out of the box. It's actually a decent serum. If you look at the ingredients, there's a sense of feel-good about it. It has Vitamin C, Acai Fruit, Grapefruit, Green Tea extract - so all the good stuff. It has been keeping my skin hydrated and I can honestly see myself repurchasing it if I can't find another serum to use.
What you need to know:
1) It's clear, liquid gel consistency that is quickly absorbed by the skin
2) Smells like lavender
3) It's lightweight which how a serum should be
Here are my favourites:
L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil
This shower oil is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!! The smell that it leaves your skin is good enough to ditch any sort of perfume. Your bathroom will smell heavenly after every shower. Your skin will feel so smooth and hydrated. Basically, I love everything about it except the pricetag but I think I would gladly have an almond shower oil fund just don't tell the husband.
The Healthy Deodorant - Lavanila
I've gone natural when it comes to deodorant. After years in the dark, I found out my skin reacts to aluminium. I was using MooGoo Natural Deodorant before but somehow it stopped working for me so I went on a search and a few bloggers I follow raved about this deodorant so I had to try it. It's now been 3 weeks since the initial use and so far so good. While it doesn't keep me dry like a heavy-duty Rexona would do, it's keeping me smelling fresh all day. It's the kind of deodorant that will give you a waft of vanilla scent all throughout the day as you move around. It's a solid stick form so it's not sticky on application, however, you need to make sure your underarm is dry and clean on every application because solid deodorant are known to harvest bacteria in the long run. I am hoping that it will last me a while before it stops working on me. I hope it won't stop working on me if I am being honest. FYI: this deodorant is not really on the cheap side of things but if you really want a natural, aluminium free brand then this is one of the better ones out there.
That's all for today. I apologise for being a bad blogger. We had a family tragedy a week ago. We lost a family member so sudden and my time has been spent being with family. I also decided to have a blogging break over the weekend to just be with family. Hope you had a good break too!
Happy Wednesday! xx