I read many moons ago on another blog that Bourjois is owned by Chanel. Say what?! *mind blown* So in other words drugstore prices for people who can't afford Chanel I guess?
Oh well, I'd let you sit in that fact while you read through the rest of the post.
Revelation aside, I finally caved in and got one of their new rouge lipsticks and surprise, surprise, I went for the nude shade! The shade is called Beige Shooting. It looks like a neutral pink with some yellow undertone to it just by looking at the tube.
Swatches on my hand presented itself as a warm-pink, almost the same shade as my lips. But on my lips it is muted and somewhat mid-tone with purple tint to it. I have to say I am a little disappointed, I thought it's my lips but better kind of shades. It's still a lovely shade and plus it's a matte and I love matte these days.
What you need to know:
- It's a matte finish (in case you didn't read that in the paragraph before this).
- No distinct scent. In fact I don't think it has a scent at all.
- It glides on well on the lips, no tugging or pulling kind
- The shade of the bullet in the tube is very Chanel like, just want to mention that.
- It's not as hydrating as the other matte lipsticks in this price range. You can honestly see cracks and dry skin on your lips after an hour or 2.
- I am not sure about the 12h claim. Maybe the darker shades leave more tint on the lips?
I think you can skip this shade if you own a lot of nude pinks. There is one shade called Pamplemousse Frimousse and this is a repromoted shade as it's very very popular. Perhaps I should've gone for that shade instead. Oh well.
Here's the best possible photo to show the true shade.
The lipstick came with a gift, a blush and a matte primer. I used it on today's makeup just to get some first impressions and here are my thoughts:
Blush in Rose Coup de Foudre is a lovely coral pink shade. This is very similar to Nars Deep Throat but more of the gold flecks. I am happy that this was the chosen shade for the gift. I think it will suit any skin tone.
Happy Light Matte Serum - this is meh product for me. The scent is hideous! It smells like chemicals, it's very off putting if I am being honest. However, it does mattify your face. Personally, I don't like a matte finish on the face, it's very flat and blah. I love highlights and dewiness. Maybe when summer really kicks in and I get really oily then this might be my skin's BFF?
Have you tried the Rouge Edition 12hrs? What are your thoughts?
Have a great weekend! xx