This has been my go to makeup look for as long as I can remember. It's easy, quick and safe enough for work or just doing the errands. One of my pet peeves is looking or feeling overly done. Sometimes it works for my benefit and other times well it doesn't do me a favour, but we'll talk about that on another post.
I have a few rules here and there when it comes to this look:
1. foundation should be medium coverage and semi-matte finish. I want my freckles to still show but it should cover and even out any acne spots or marks. I hate flat looking foundations. In this look I used my new favourite foundation combo - Urban Decay Naked HD Foundation and Revlon Colour Stay Mineral Makeup. I think the mineral powder actually makes anything look good, it has that subtle glow to it but not glitter like glow.
2. my eyebrows should be just 1 shade lighter than my hair and it has been so hard to find the right shade as sometimes it's ashy looking or just too brown but I have found the perfect shade in the form of Benefit Brow-zings in Dark.
3. my blush should have that subtle sheen to it or glow and I have been mixing blush and a highlighter before until I found the perfect rosy blush in the form of L'oreal True Match blush in Rosewood
4. My mascara needs to be waterproof. I'm currently obsessed (and forever loyal to) Covergirl LashBlast range. It is the only one that doesn't give me panda eyes and is easily accessible and cheap enough to be repurchased every 3 months. My other HG mascara is MUFE Aqua Lash which is not sold in Australia (yet).
5. Under eye concealer is a must. The best undereye concealer for me so far is Maybelline's Age Rewind concealer. It has been very popular in the beauty community.
And with Lipsticks? I have no rules for lipsticks. I wear what I feel like for the day.
Urban Decay Naked Skin HD Foundation - (7.0)
Revlon Nearly Naked Mineral Powder - (030 Medium)
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concelear - (Medium)
Benefit Brow-zings - (Dark)
Maybelline Colour Sensation Lipstick - (Warm me Up)
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss - (Super Natural)
L'oreal True Match Blush - (Rosewood)
Covergirl Lash Blast 24HR
What's your go to makeup look?
Tomorrow I think should be about clothes, don't you think?