Have you seen the new lip crayons that are out there?!! It's insane! There are so much more to choose from. Suddenly these lip crayons are must-haves for spring. Who knew?
I think the first brand who made this an interesting must-have was Clinique, remember their chubby sticks? It was full on advertising if I remember it correctly. Unfortunately, I didn't jump in the bandwagon when that came about a year or 2 ago just because I felt it was very teeny-bopper kind of product and not to mention a little bit pricy for a lip balm - it currently sells at AU$35.
Then Revlon introduced their - Kissable Lip Balm Stain - for some reason, this was a hit in the YouTube beauty community more than the chubby sticks so I have to have it. I started with one shade - which is Honey then i just had to get other shades that are unique to my collection because I find that they were way better than the chubby sticks not to mention way more affordable.
And recently Covergirl released their Lip perfection jumbo gloss in Australia and before hand I've heard a lot of great things about it so I just had to get one shade to have a comparison between Revlon and Covergirl and see for myself!
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain
- I do have a love-hate relationship with this. I love that it stains your lips like no other and lasts all day (or days) and i also hate that it does because removing it is just one pain in behind.
- I am not a fan of the peppermint scent, i always expect it to have some kind of minty, tingly feel to it.
- As much as I love how it colours my lips, it is not the most hydrating lip products out there.
- It has that gloss that you want but I wish there is more
- Affordable especially when on sale
- There are heaps of colours to choose from
Covergirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss
- New to CG in Australia
- Selling for AU$12.95 and so far I only found this in Priceline
- This is much more hydrating than Revlon
- Glossier than Revlon
- It's softer, it feels like butter when you're applying it
- Doesn't have a scent to it
- I love these crayon types lippies just because they are easy to apply and pocket friendly
- It's that lip product that doesn't really require a mirror, you know when you're on the go.
- Because it's like a crayon, application is much more precise and you can stay within the lines of your lips
- Both are light on the lips and there is little to no transfer so it's kiss-friendly
- Both affordable
- Great for spring/summer when you're outdoors or at the beach
- Like any lip product, both don't look good on dry lips, it accentuate the dry skin on your lips. Make sure to exfoliate first.
|1 - Revlon's Smitten; 2 - Revlon's Rendevouz; 3 - Revlon in Honey; 4 - Covergirl's Coral Twist|
I know Bourjois' version is soon to hit the Australian shores so more choices? I know in US there are far more brands to choose from and much cheaper. To be honest they are all very similar if not the same so it's up to you which is much preferred by your lips and your pockets.
Have you tried these lip crayons?
Until the next post, smile always!
As always this is not sponsored.