I've seen / heard of this on YouTube from my favourite UK beauty vloggers and I was tempted to get one online but I waited until it's in Australian market and just a few weeks back it finally came in and at that time Priceline had a 1/2 price on all Rimmel products so I got this for under AU$8...win!!
|Rimmel Apocalips in Celestial 101|
So what do I like about Rimmel Apocalips?
- It is a great product. It is very pigmented = colour payoff on your lips is as pink as it is in the tube
- It is glossy enough to skip the lip gloss but if you want killer shine then please by all means apply some lip gloss.
- It's very lightweight on the lips and not sticky at all so no icky feeling
- The brush applicator is awesome! It holds some product in the middle of the sponge (see photo) so you can cover your lips with just one coat!
- There is no annoying smell to it or at least it's not offensively sweet.
- There is no taste to it which is always a plus to me.
- The formula is so opaque that you get a more intensified colour payoff at every coat you apply!
- It is a dream to apply on the lips
- It doesn't stain your lips for days which is always good in my books.
- The packaging is great, the size of the tube is purse friendly.
- It's cheap! hehe well cheap in Australian definition of cheap.
And what I don't like about it?
- It doesn't have that lasting power which brings me back to what I said earlier about not staining your lips for long. But this could be the shade that I got which is considered lighter to other reds and pinks that are in the collection.
- It is not hydrating on the lips, it accentuates dry and flaky lips. So make sure you exfoliate your lips before you apply this product.
Here are some swatches : The shade I got is Celestial which is a muted pink. I can't really say it's a yellow pink because you can see blue undertone to it but it still compliments my skintone (MAC reference is NC42 or Natural Tan with yellow undertone / warmer tone).
Here's how it looks like on my lips with one coat (photo below).
All in all this is good product. It's pigmented and opaque and the colour selection is fantastic. There's every shade to your heart's desire. I would definitely recommend it if you're after a glossy lip stain that's light on the lips and on your wallet.
This retails for AU$15.95 in Australia but you can get it cheaper if you spot a promo or sale in places like Priceline or Chemist Warehouse.
You can also get it from ASOS for cheaper! It retails at AU$10.50 on ASOS and sometimes less if they are having some sale. Don't forget free shipping which is always a plus!
Until the next pink lipstick :) Have a great day!
*This post is NOT sponsored.