Let's talk liquid foundations *big grin*
Liquid foundation is one makeup item that I'm picky about. I used to be a total snob when it comes to brands. My motto was invest on a good foundation and I would only look at MAC or Estee Lauder or Clinique or NARS or Chanel or Makeup Forever. You pay for the price that's for sure and know you're getting an amazing result that will make you say that was worth every penny! So what happened? I grew up and acknowledged that there are good and cheaper brands out there so I ventured on drugstore brands and surprisingly found a few that I absolutely love! And also in fairness, drugstore brands have improved soooooo much in everything since the beginning of beauty madness on YouTube where they get real feedbacks from real buying customers.
Another reason why I was staying away from drugstore brands before is the price. It is still expensive! So in my head, if I'm going to pay that much then why not just buy high-end foundation? That was me like 4 yrs ago. At the end of the day, you will pay for what you can afford, for what you think suits your skin and for your what foundation you want whether high end or drugstore.
So let me introduce you to my current favourite Liquid Foundations. I have a mix of high end and drugstore brands andI'll tell you why I'm obsessed about them. I will not go into too much details as this post will turn out to be a novel and we all know that I can ramble.
|(L-R): Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1, Urban Decay Naked Skin, NARS Sheer Glow, L'oreal Lumi Magique|
Absolutely love this foundation!! Marketed to be a Primer, Concealer, Foundation all in one and happy to report that it does perform as promised. And for whatever reason, I get so much compliment when I use this. I get told I look well rested when I'm using this product.
- Finishes off matte - so you will need to bring back dimensions on your face (ie contour, highlights)
- Stays on all day with minimal to no touch-ups
- Doesn't oxidise on my skin
- I don't need concealing when I use this, after all it is meant to act like a concealer as well
- It has SPF 15
- Buildable - medium to full coverage
- I'm using shade 857 for your reference (I'm on NC40/42 on MAC)
- Retails from AU$19.95 depending where you get it from
Who doesn't love the UD's Naked line? I fell inlove with this foundation even before trying it out and when I finally got the chance...wait for it....it was a must have purchase. It's a weightless, high definition foundation which I think would be great for a wedding or just normal everyday makeup if you're the kind who wears makeup all the time. I used this all the time when I was in Florida and it was hot hot hot considering it's winter back then but this worked so well on my skin.
- It's a demi-matte finish
- Very light-weight! You can hear yourself saying I don't feel I have anything on. Foundation that is.
- It has this very caramel-ish scent to it which I find really nice but don't worry the scent doesn't linger for you or anyone to smell.
- Stays on all day but will need to touch up your oily zones
- Works well in humidity
- No SPF on it so it will be suitable for flash photography!
- Not available in Australia at all so perhaps an online shopping activity is required for you. I got this at Sephora for US$39.00
- Buildable - light to medium coverage
- I got the shade 7.0
My all time favourite foundation. I can't recommend it enough. It's great for winter/cooler months when everything feels dry and dull and you want that glow. I tend to venture to other brands, types but I will always come back to this. My only thing now is I think I need to be colour matched again as my skin over the last few months has become a tad darker even without major sun exposure.
- Has a dewy finish which is great for cooler months
- It is hydrating, luminous, silk - all the good stuff
- Lightweight and easy to work with
- Fingers or brush can be used to apply it
- The price went down from AU$99.00 back in 2010 to AU$68.00 *cue happy dance*
- It has SPF 18
- Buildable - Light to medium coverage
- Available at Mecca Cosmetica
- I got the shade Barcelona Medium but I'll be changing to one shade darker.
And last but not the least, L'oreal Lumi Magique! Want that J-Lo golden glow? This is it in a bottle! I actually think this is very comparable to NARS Sheer Glow but this is a little bit more dewy or glowy.
- It has gold specks to it that gives that golden look. It's not overly golden but you can definitely see it on your hands after applying.
- It's lightweight and easy to blend on skin
- Ideal for normal to dry skin. Oily skin will need to use some kind of a primer or else this will slide off your face.
- Don't really need to set this with a powder or you will defeat the purpose of it being a glowy
- Absolutely amazing on photos if you've got the right shade
- Buildable - light to medium coverage
- It has SPF 18 so easy on the flash when taking pictures
- I use this during the cooler months too to get that hydrated look haha. Also this was way too shiny for me in Summer when I tend to get oilier face.
- Available at leading chemists, Myer, DJ, Priceline, BigW, Kmart, Target
- Retails from AU$33.95
That's it, my awesome four! I hope this post helped you in one way or another.
what is your current favourite foundation?
Hope it's sunny where you are!
This post is not sponsored.