Presenting, my new favourite part of my skin care routine:
|Photo source/credit: www.trilogyproducts.com|
How did I learn about this product?
A close girlfriend of mine introduced me to it. She was raving about it and told me to give it a try. Since I was already on a hunt for something new to add to my skin care routine not to mention my strong refusal on repurchasing a very expensive serum, I decided to buy the trial size to find out what is all the hype about. (Note: I bought the starter kit from Priceline for A$26.99, it comes with the cream cleanser and the vital moisturising cream, both deserve separate blog posts to be honest)
I still did my homework. I've read countless online reviews and even watched some YouTube videos just to feed my curiosity a little bit more before committing on to buying a bottle. I think for some, I was..what's the word... I was obsessed about it. Who wouldn't? There were far more good reviews than bad ones. And the bad ones are normally from ladies that are allergic to oil or just too young to be using this product.
This product promises:
- to calm your combination skin and make it more balanced
- to minimise any fine lines and even stretch marks
- to soften your deep wrinkles
- to hydrate your thirsty skin
- to repair your skin from scars
- to give your skin that luminosity and glow
I was scared that it's going to break me out because it's oil and I have combination skin with oily T-zone. I am also prone to hormonal breakouts (the nasty ones! the ones that starts deep, grows big and hurts the most - thank you hormones!) so I wasn't really convinced initially. But you know what they say, you gotta be in it to win it and I want everything that this rosehip oil promises so I joined the bandwagon!
I think this product should be used by women in their late 20s and older only because women my age and older requires more hydration and we have more visible signs of ageing compared to those in their early 20s.
I love how you can see results in the first few days of using it. In my case, it was glowing and very very smooth skin the first week. I was very impressed Trilogy!
I am not a fan of the scent as it reminds me of fish oil so I am going to try their new formula - Rosehip Oil Antioxidant+ and hopefully it smells nicer than the original one. At this point, I am using their Hydrating Toner Mist to counter act the smell, something that my close girlfriend suggested as well.
My post-blemishes (aka those that I picked..booo! I have some bad habits you see) healed faster than usual.
I had one deep and painful hormonal pimple just 2 nights ago and that is now gone and it didn't even made it to the surface! That's something I am very pleased and I am hoping it was the Rosehip oil! hehehe
What I am hoping to get in the long run
1. Even skin tone - this is partially my fault to be honest because I pick my spots so I get all those nasty after blemish dark spots
2. A much more balanced skin. I don't mind combination skin to be honest. I'd rather have that than dry skin but I would like my T-zone to produce just enough oil (in whatever season) if possible.
3. Less scar visibility! Now if my collarbone surgery scar can fade a tiny bit more from this oil then I would be very very pleased!
4. Slow ageing process :) I don't mind wrinkles, I think it adds character but I do mind when they start coming sooner than expected. I am hoping that my frown lines will be a little bit subtle (if that's possible) and so as my under eye fine lines.
5. Minimise my skin congestion if possible.
Basically, just clear, healthy, glowing and smooth skin :) not too much to ask for.
So watch this space for a proper review say in the next 6 to 12 weeks :)
By the way, in Australia, this product is available in Priceline, David Jones and Myer :)
If you're using or have used this product, please share your experience :)
ps. Thanks Tasha for introducing me to it!