|excuse the state of this tube, it's been with me since day 1 :)|
So what flicked the switch to get Estee Lauder?.... Gift time! haha At the time of purchase, there was a gift promo where if you buy any product/s for over AUD$75 you get a makeup bag with goodies :) That's good enough reason for me to jump and buy one plus the makeup bag is so cute (slightly in shot in the photo above) and it has all the travel size skin care items that will be of great use in my upcoming holiday... so really it's a win-win situation.
What do I think about the product?
I would actually pay for a good moisturiser (tinted or not) so it wasn't a big deal. But if you ask me then yes it is on the a less affordable side of things. This is sold at AU$80 for 50ml.
Superb! it's easy to carry around your makeup bag for travel purposes and it's hygienic because you don't need to stick you finger to get the product out.
There is a (slight) fresh cucumber scent to it (to me at least, it smells like a cucumber) which I find refreshing especially if you apply it in the morning. Just the scent itself awaken your senses :)
TEXTURE AND COLOUR PAYOFF
1. Remember that this is a tinted moistuser so won't be getting a full coverage out of it. It's more like to even our the skin for that more natural look and plus it protects your skin because it has SPF15
2. It has some small beads to it that sort of exfoliates your skin when you apply but I think that's the actual tint. This is one of those products that adapts to your skintone although it comes out a little bit greyish-brown from the tube. (NOTE: There is only one shade for everyone!)
3. Once applied, you will see that it gives you enough colour to look healthy :)
4. It sinks in a little slower so make sure that you let it sit for a few minutes before applying makeup.
1. You can skip your usual moisturiser if you're going to use this. If you're using the Day Wear range, then this is exactly the same thing only with tint
2. It only has SPF15 so if you're going to the beach, then this is not enough sun protection for the face.
3. You can layer it but it won't really give a full coverage. Your (cute) freckles are still going to show.
4. You can definitely re-apply but always on a clean face and not on top of makeup.. not nice if you do it over makeup :)
Overall, will I repurchase? Yes I will but I think I'll give Bobbi Brown a chance or not :)
Hope it's sunny where you are!
Also the Queen of England is visiting my state today :) Yay for long holiday!