What caused the purchase? well, my ever so trusted Nars Sheer Matte foundation bid me farewell and I didn't have the money just yet to fork out to get me a new bottle so I opted for something a little bit cheaper but somehow similar and thought Maybelline's Fit Me foundation fits the shoe.... not quite the Cinderella moment for me but it will do for now I guess.
|Maybelline Fit Me Liquid Foundation - Shade 230|
|Maybelline's Fit Me Powder Foundation|
1. fresh skin finish
2. flawlessness effect
3. breathable skin (?) - you get the point.
It says that you'll have the same shade for liquid and powder foundations. That's what I did but perhaps I should have mixed the shades because I think i am in between shades :(
Liquid foundation - well a pump would have been nicer. I try to be careful when getting the product out and when putting the bottle back on my table without the lid on because one tip-off mistake and this is all over my carpet!
Powder Foundation - it's great to see the shade through the lid cover. Always handy when you have multiple shades in your kit.
- the consistency is very runny that using your hands is way better than using your brush. So just be cautious on that.
- there is a slight odd smell to it. this may sound yucky but to me it smells like damp towel. I am not a fan at all and sometimes it puts me off. Thank goodness for my Estee Lauder moisturer - it kinda balances the smell a little bit.
- application is a treat - that's the silver lining for the formulation being runny, it glides on the skin so smoothly and so easy. No tugging action because sometimes the product dries up on the skin before you can even buff it. It doesn't happen with Fit Me
- it's true it is very lightweight. You don't even feel that you have something on. Perhaps if this doesn't have the odd smell then maybe you can even forget that you have it on!
- it's light to medium coverage. It hides my freckles without the feeling of having too much products on.
- i can somehow get when they say it lets your skin breathe. I wish I can explain this further but I can't find the words.
- You really have to find the right shade for you. I think I am in between shades so I normally set this foundation with my MAC Mineralised Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark. (PS, I am normally NC40 and with this product I am on 230 Medium - very close to my Nars Sheer Matte in Barcelona)
- it's OK but it's not finely milled compared to the skinfinishes. The powder shows my pores... every makeup junkie's nightmare.
- it's very silky to touch when it's on your face (but your pores are visible too! booo!!)
- I don't use this to set the liquid foundation because it doesn't look good together on my skin... it looks TOO MUCH.
It's lightweight and it's silky to touch. You just need to find the right shade for you. For a drugstore product, this is really good.
It doesn't last on the skin though (in my opinion) - max would be 4hours before powdering yourself again and it's not really friendly in humidity.
This has SPF18 so be careful with flash photography. maybe not be your ideal foundation for a wedding or anything with flash photography.
On a good note.. I didn't break out from this foundation so that's a plus.
Will I repurchase?
Probably not or maybe try another shade? Maybe not.
I think my HG foundation will always be NARS Sheer Matte/Glow but it's always good to try new things in case I end up finding a Steal!
This is available in Priceline stores in Australia for AU$18.95
Here's a FOTD photo when I wore this foundation (liquid):
What's the latest foundation you've tried?