I was soooo happy when i first got it and I told myself that I'll only use it on special occassion. But ManFriend at that time open it thinking it's his and obviuosly I have to start counting my 6M expiry date from the day you open the product... so I have to use it ;)
1. Brush looks superb and huge for tiny eyes
2. the Formulation is not too thick - you can see it through the bristles of the brush
3. the length of the mascara is quite long compared to normal ones
4. the packaging is very classy (in my opinion)
Disappointment #1 It gave me panda eyes!
like i said the brush is huge and no matter how careful i am in applying mascara that brush still gets my lid but this is not the issue really, it's the "after a few hours" thing is the issue.
the mascara formulation is great. my lashes looks perfect after 1 coat and even more in 2 coats! It's sooo dark and long and thick. I was IMPRESSED already.
so with my new mascara, off i went to a friends bday. On my arrival at their place, the soon to be wife told me "you have some smudge hun". I ran to the bathroom and to my horror I had smudges on both lids and under eye! PANDA-Eyes!!!
Lesson of the day: better use a mascara base i thought.
Disappointment # 2
with Panda-eyes still in my head, my next attempt to like the mascara is a trip to the mall. I wack my Shiseido Mascara base on and then apply the MUFE mascara.
The intensity is better (of course) and my eyes really opened up. Once again I am IMPRESSED and a little bit worried about panda eyes.
So off i went to the mall and after an 1 hr, i went to find a mirror and to my horror once again, i've got panda-eyes!!
I was soooo heartbroken. I thought even with mascara base it's not working.
I was almost conviced that it's not meant for me and I am already going to get me a new mascara that i know works for me.
Lesson of the day: don't lose hope
Hope # 1
after 2 weeks of not using it, i decided to try again and see if this time i'll love it.
it was a cool day compared to the heat wave we've been having 2 weeks ago.
I had my mascara base on then MUFE HD.
I totally forgot to check myself on the mirror until it was lunch time when i remembered! I ran to the bathroom to check my panda-eyes and to my surprise! NO PANDA-EYES!!
I thought WOW! this is hope.
Hope # 2
the following week i decided to use it again. I thought i'll wack on some nice eyeshadow this time and do the full eye thing.
7 hrs later - everything is still in place and no panda eyes!
1. MUFE Smoky Lash mascara can be considered one the best. Not my holy grail but definitely one of the good ones. It's very dramatic and intense which is ideal for small eyes so it really opens up. I can actually see flirtatious lashes!
2. MUFE Smoky Lash mascara is not friends with heat and humidity. I do get panda eyes when the temperature is above 35 deg C. In heat and humidity it melts together with my makeup.
3. You have to use a mascara base - it stays put more - at least for me :)
4. It's a pain to remove so you have to use a eye makeup remover.
5. will i repurchase? - well maybe... right now it's not easily accessible where i am living but if given a chance to be somewhere with MUFE store and probably :)